Maryland Maternal Health Innovation Program
Maternal health related COVID-19 resources compiled by the MDMOM program can be accessed here.
The Maryland Maternal Health Task Force was convened by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) to address the needs of pregnant and postpartum women in Maryland.
MDMOM will develop a data dashboard to enhance availability and usability of maternal health data for families, providers, and decision makers.
MDMOM will coordinate trainings for providers on the latest advances in maternal healthcare and support implementation of nationally-endorsed maternal patient safety bundles.
MDMOM will direct various stakeholders to maternal health resources and will partner with home visiting programs to deliver pre- and post-birth education to pregnant and postpartum women.
MDMOM will address disparities in maternal health by advocating for practice and policy changes that foster a culture of compassionate maternity care.
MDMOM will improve access to specialty care for high-risk women through telemedicine partnerships.
- • Report: Maryland Maternal Mortality Review - 2019 Annual Report -- Maryland Department of Health -- April 06, 2020
- • Other: MDMOM Program Successfully Coordinates the First Maternal Health Task Force in Maryland -- April 01, 2020
- • Other: The Virtual Experience: Birth & Breastfeeding Conference -- June 08, 2020
- • Webinar: Racism: The Ultimate Underlying Condition -- June 09, 2020 at 12:00 PM
- • Webinar: COVID-19 and Pregnancy: What Do We Know and How Will We Learn More -- June 11, 2020 at 12:30 PM
- • Webinar: MDMOM Program Webinar Series: Perinatal Quality Improvement During the COVID-19 Pandemic -- June 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM